1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Win Server 2003 AND XP home on a partitioned HDD of a laptop

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shaky5678, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaky5678

shaky5678 Thread Starter

My question is this:
    Can I use my new laptop (the laptop hasn't even gotten here yet new) to partition the HDD to put Windows Server 2003 on part of it and XP home on the other part of it? I'm only asking because I've never tried doing it with server 2003. I only need server 2003 for learning purposes only, to get my MCSE cert. I need to simulate using it per the learning kit. Yes yes, I know "why not use VMWare?" I tried and I need ISS but XP home doesn't have it and rather have it on my new laptop instead of my home PC.

So, if I can do this, then would I simply reinstall XP home fresh but just partition the HDD, then slap the server 2003 disc in and start installing it on the other partition? Doesn't sound complicated. heh.
    Thank you :eek:)

2. Jock_McTartan

Jock_McTartan

3. shaky5678

shaky5678 Thread Starter

Thank you. Anymore suggestions though?? :eek:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice