installing win98 with linux

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrdipper

First thing is thanks been browsing and have found lots of great tips u guys are assume.

My dad bought putter with Linux installed wants to install windows the book tells him That he can’t use win98 upgrade has to use the real deal; I have used the upgrade to do A clean install on clean formatted hdd and when it says it cant find previous window installation I put win95 disk in cd drive and have it look there it finds it I put the 98 disk in and finish the install works great, can he do the same?

If your dad got the Linux installation CDs with that computer,the best thing to do is format and re-partition the drive.Make one partition big enough for windows 98 and leave the rest of the drive as free space for Linux.
Be sure you install win98 first and Linux second.Win98 will rewrite your master boot record and Linux will be unbootable unless you have a linux bootdisk.
HTH
lynch

mrdipper

thanx lynch
linux is already installed dont know if he has disks well call him and find out what I can he is 85 so have to dig to get all info
thanx again I have followed your threads and am ready to get my feet wet with linux tierd of Mr dollar Bill telling me I cant put a chevy in a ford unless I use his gas

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online