1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Windows 10 on Ideapad 110S EMMC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KofiAdom, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

Hello I thought id try my luck on here. I was given an Lenovo Ideapad 110S with an EMMC drive with the partitions deleted. Ive been trying to install Windows 7 and or 10 with no luck. I'm constantly getting hit with a "windows cannot be installed on this disk" error when I delete or create a new partition. the "next" button is highlighted but whenever I try to click it I get hit with the following message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. this computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu"

The BIOS that I have does not give me the option to change the disks controllers settings. the best I can do is change my UEFI/Legacy support settings and that doesnt seem to help with the situation. I tried looking for a recovery disk/files on the website but its still under maintainces and doesnt look like it'll be finished anytime soon since it was supposed to be live and ready from Noon today EST. Is there a fix for this? A way to updated my BIOS to get these features I need to change it? HELP> ME> PLZ>

2. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    We need to know more information about your computer, Make, model, age, hardware etc. Your computer may not meet requirements or we may have to format the drive. No way to know with the info provided this far.

3. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

As mentioned in my opening its a Lenovo IdeaPad 110S and below are the intitial specs

SPECS: CPU: INTEL CELERON N3160 1.6GHZ
    RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 ONBOARD
    STORAGE: 32GB EMMC
    DISPLAY 11.6" HD
    BATTERY: 2CELL
    WLAN: WIFI 1X1 AC+BT.4.0

4. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
  5. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

Thats the thing. It CAME preloaded with Windows 10 home..... so Windows 10 should be able to work on it. It didnt say anything about GPT or MBR disk, Only the following error I had in my initial post.

6. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    OK, I misunderstood your original post. You had Windows 10 and your reformatted? I would still try the steps in the link I shared to convert it to an MBR disk and see if you can install it then. I am guessing you have an install disk.

7. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

Convert the Hard drive or the Bootable Windows USB?

8. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    The hard drive you want to install Windows on. If you're trying to install from a USB disk or flash drive you need to go into the bios and change the boot order to USB first.

9. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

Tried the solution with the link you gave me. I still get the same error I listed above.

10. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you seen this video:

11. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

Yes Ive seen it. Still doesnt help with the issue I have.

12. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Are you using a disk, USB drive or something else.

13. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

Im using a bootable USB I made using YUMI. Also tried RUFUS but the USB wouldnt load up.

14. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried this step in making the USB:

15. KofiAdom

KofiAdom Thread Starter

havent used these exact steps per say but I've been making and using bootable Windows USB's for quite some time now.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice