1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Installing Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fedaykinwolf, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fedaykinwolf

fedaykinwolf Thread Starter

I have an old PC that I've been using as my Linux box for some time. Now a friend wanted to take it from me. Since he doesn't know Linux, I figured I'd install Windows 10 home (64bit) for him... Now I've tried installing via CD's, ISO to USB Boots, I've even tried my old Windows 8 and 7 CDS no matter what I get a similar problem:

What Happens:
    Windows will start loading the install then come to an error 0xc0000225 leaving me at the "Recovery screen" (image below). It gives me options to try again or hit F8 to change options which quicly return to the image below... Window 7 was a different error code but same effect...

[​IMG]

Figuring I broke something or it just died randomly as I needed it, I deleted all partitions, tried 2 other hard drives, I tried each ram individually and in pairs and all 4 (4x2GB), I tried 2 different Video cards (HD7970 + HD6850)...

I am truely at a loss, I can reinstall Ubuntu Linux 18.04 with no problems and even games work perfectly

PC Is a
    • q9550 CPU
    • P5Q Mobo
    • 8GB RAM PC6400
    • SSD OCZ Vertex2
    • HD 7970 Video Card
    • 750W PSU that is not too old (~2 years)

Please anyone who can help let me know, and let me know if I need to elaborate on anything...

Thank you,

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If this is Solved please post the solution.

3. fedaykinwolf

fedaykinwolf Thread Starter

My Bad, I believe it is a dying PSU or mobo PWM.

I found an old Video card I had forgot about, and I removed every last thing device / peripheral I could including the mouse and she booted and started the Windows 10 install fine...

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    That's good news. Well done.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice