1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing windows 7 on lappy w/ two hds

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by izicmirza, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

Hey guys! I love this form everyone is so helpful and I always have my problems solved, so thanks again for everything everyone!

so I am pretty confident reformatting computers. I know how to boot from a cd and go through the process but I have been hit with a curveball.

this laptop has both an ssd and a regular hdd. How would I do this? Is itlike on desktop where you unplug regular hdd then install win 7? Or can I just pop the cd in and it let me do it?

thanks again for any advice!

2. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Hi, you should just be able to stick the CD in and you'll get a choice which hard disk you want to install to after the language selection screen.

You only ever need to remove a hard disk if you have some kind of existing installation and don't want the boot screen overwritten (eg. if you have windows 7 installed and are installing XP on a 2nd drive and don't want the windows 7 screen overwritten with XP).

3. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

Hey Matthew!

Thank you very much, now I am less nervous about re-formatting this thing!

This forum is great!

4. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

Ok, so I reformatted, and now it starts up fine, but it is only recognizing the SSD. The regular hard drive is still in the laptop, still hooked up, but I cant see it.

5. Lance1

Lance1

Can you see in in disk management? Right click Computer \ Manage \ Disk Management.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice