1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing windows 7 problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pavlosnumerouno, Oct 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. pavlosnumerouno

pavlosnumerouno Thread Starter

I'm installing windows 7 and mys keyboard and mouse are both working in the bios but when I reach the part in the installation where it ask me to choose a name for my computer . It switches of the keyboard and mouse and I cant carry on. Any ideas. it is a new build. containing all these parts.
    MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply .

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Connect the keyboard and mouse to the black Usb ports underneath the round red connector on the back of the motherboard. If they are wireless connect the wireless receiver(s) to the same port(s).

Then try the install again.

3. pavlosnumerouno

Sorry haven't got a round red connector on the back, here is the image[​IMG] off the back. [​IMG]I have tried all the Usb ports below the hdmi slot.

Attached Files:

4. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    It is best to use one or two of the four black USB ports up at the top for your keyboard & mouse. They are the low speed USB and are put in that position for that purpose
    The blue, and red ports are for higher speed usb. so keep them free to use with a fast external drive or smartphone.
    The picture you sent does not match the motherboard you linked to.

pavlosnumerouno likes this.
  5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    To add to what Sean said:

This is what the ports panel of the MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 motherboard you say you have looks like.

Capture.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    That I/O plate looks like it's for a Gigabyte Aorus range motherboard.

As said you should use the black Usb ports (above the HDMI port) for keyboard and mouse.

The Windows 7 installer doesn't have drivers for the faster Usb ports so it won't see the keyboard or mouse if they are connected to those.

7. pavlosnumerouno

Sorry guys. my mistake I got the info from the wrong box my son is putting it together this is the motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE Motherboard Socket AM4 ATX AMD.

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for the clarification and correction.
    This is what that ports panel looks like.

Capture.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------

9. pavlosnumerouno

Thanks for you help Sean and Managed. I tried the black usb slots above the hdmi but the same thing still happens. Could it be a fault with my install disc.

10. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    You never posted the make/model of your kb & mouse. It is possible that the windows you are installing just doesn't like the ones you are using.
    Also, why are you installing windows 7 this close to its end of life? Have you tried window's 10?

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Win7 is NOT a supported operating system for that motherboard. The only operating system listed on the support page is win10. When you attempt to use an unsupported operating system, you are a beta tester; might work and it might not work.
    In addition, there are no drivers for your board ie chipset, sound, etc. In short, attempting to install win7 on this board is at best an exercise in futility.
    Even the AMD chipset page shows no chipset driver for the X570 chipset. Your only real option is to install win10 or linux.

plodr likes this.
  12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Note if you have a real MS win7 install disk with key, you can use that key to install win10. Note it must be the same ver ie home/pro. I just did one approx 3 months ago [using win7key to install win10] and it still worked. How long this is going to last; I have no idea.

Use the ms media creation tool to make the install usb. Have only the drive you want windows on connected at the time of install. If you are installing to a nvme/M2 type drive, this is even more important. Win10 will put boot files on any other drive rather than on a M.2; with only that drive connected, setup has no choice but to install all files to the system drive.

13. pavlosnumerouno

I brought windows 10. Installed first time. So all good thanks for your help guys.

14. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice