1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing windows 95 on a libretto 50ct

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Klomplex, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klomplex

Klomplex Thread Starter

I'm trying to help out someone who has a libretto 50ct. He asked me for a bootdisk so he could wipe everything clean. He was thinking (but didn't tell me this at the time) that he could also reinstall windows from the boot disk. I told him he needed the CD rom. He informed me that he has no CD rom for his libretto. He had bought the device used and it already had windows 95 on it. Is there any other way to get windows 95 on this device? Is there perhaps any diskette sized OS's out there that can be used as a good alternative? Help in this matter is appreciated, thank you.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I believe Windows 95 once came on floppies. You could try eBay. Of course after it's wiped clean and reinstalled with Windows 95, any programs that were on it will be gone as well and can't be reinstalled unless they fit on floppies.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I still got my copy of Windows 95 on floppy as well as windows 3.11. Don't know if they had 98 on floppy but that really doesn't matter. For 9x systems, you just need a way of transferring all the install files to the hard drive. I use to hook up my zip drive to my laptops that didn't have Cd-roms. I would copy all the files off the cd onto a zip disk and then hook up the zip disk to the laptop and transfer all the cab files to the hard drive and do the install from the hard drive.

You could give ReactOS a try. It is kind of a windows clone.
    http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/index.html

I tried it out a couple of times. Works OK. It is still in development after 10 years.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/509305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice