1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing windows 98

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by garyduel, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyduel

garyduel Thread Starter

Hey
    Me again...(Do i get a special prize for having most threads(whats that you mumble to the screen))
    I have Linpus and was wanting to know if anyone knows how to rectify this problem i have...I have gone to the bios changed the order of boot up sequence so that my CDROM/dvd drive activates to install the above mentioned,(I want this os so i can play DUNE 2000, (its an acer aspire one 8gig mem 512ram) anywho it comes up with the boot saying eventually
    "No Valid CDrom Device Drivers Selected"
    "The Windows 98 set up files were not found"
    "A:\>_"
    Can anyone advise how to sort this one out
    i stuffed up and didnt get the correct platform for DUNE2000 on linux apparently its Wine
    I got Ubunto and now cant get back to a shop (have no internet) to sort it out.......Mega please help

Thanks to you who help

Gary Duel

2. garyduel

garyduel Thread Starter

I sorted the driver for the cddvd rom and have gone through the installation line for line trying to workout what each abbrev. means but get to the end it it says it cant find the setup files yet my mate can load it up from his bios , do you think its an acer thing or a user thing.........

Any help would be appreciated as i float around out here in huge swells twidling my thumbs and giving myself headaches from trying to work it out

Thanks for any suggestions

Gary Duel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice