1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Windows on PC Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 00sherman00, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 00sherman00

00sherman00 Thread Starter

Hi, I recently built a computer and am not able to boot into the windows setup so that I can install the software. I can load into the BIOS fine, but when I go to the boot menu and select my flash drive partition (windows 10 iso, exFAT), it does not do anything: it sends me right back to the boot options. This is a gigabyte b250m-ds3h motherboard. I'm wondering what settings, options I have so that I can properly install windows.

replay likes this.
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

How exactly did you create the usb install disk? Did you use the media creation tool?
    It would also help if you listed ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact cpu, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

3. 00sherman00

00sherman00 Thread Starter

I was not able to use the media creation tool, as I was on OSX. I downloaded the ISO, reformatted the drive to exFAT, and dragged the ISO into it. I figured it still may be an issue that I used a Mac for the download.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is your problem. Use the MS media creation tool to make the bootable usb.
    BTW you cannot just copy an iso to a flash drive. You must use a tool to create the bootable drive from an iso. Rufus will do this, linux can create a bootable drive, OR the ms media creation tool.
    Some of the very high end motherboards will do this for you. The Asus ROG series has this option in the bios however with a B250 chipset board, you would not have this option.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice