1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Hanno, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanno

Hanno Thread Starter

Hi, I bought a new computer recently and have to install Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit now.
    The Problem is that the installation gets stuck after the "Windows is loading files" screen has finished.. the next screen is black with "Microsoft Corp" on it and above there is a small box where green stripes should move.. but nothing happens here and i think my computer doesnt do anything any more .. i waited for 30 minutes there to make sure.

My PC:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    2* Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200, 16 MB Cache
    Club 3D 8800 GT Nvidia GeForce
    ASUS P5K Sockel 775
    2* 2048MB DDR2 Corsair TwinX CL 4, PC6400/800
    Pioneer DVD-215D silver
    Lian Li Midi TOwer PC-7 SE-S III, ATX
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit

The only things i plugged in are the monitor, the keyboard and the cable for electricity

Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. CasperCat

CasperCat

Leave in ONLY 2gigs of ram then install it refresh again. That should solve it.

After your done. Install SP1 FIRST then put the other ram back in. Theres also a patch you can install if you dont want to install SP1.

Basically in real world it will freeze or blue screen. So my suggestion is remove it down to 2gigs (also if your overclocking set things back to default)

Heres the info http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=929777

Then do like most of us have done use a program like Acronis after its all setup and make a "restore disk" so you wont have to go through this again. Yes its a big pain in the A$$.

3. Hanno

Hanno Thread Starter

I tried it with only 2 GB ram, but it didnt change anything.
    i think it might have to do with the SATA disk drive.. it seems like it wont work properly, is it possible thats the reason? i allready tried to install an old IDE drive but i couldnt get it to work yet :S

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice