Installing Windows with no internal cd/floppy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bryansmiley

I ran a post explaining I need to get an OS on a IBM Thinkpad 560Z laptop with no internal cd or floppy drives. There seems to be no DOS or any control. The laptop just gives a black screen with a pic of a floppy, and all the F1 keys along the bottom, most of which if anything take you to another black screen and just give "I9990302 I9990302 I9990305" and thats it.

I have tried booting with external cd's and floppy's via USB, paralell to centrix, and other, but get no response.

All of this topic can be found here if need be: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=373760&page=1&pp=15

I'm now resigning myself to the fact I am best to link the laptop up to a desktop, unless anyone can for sure give a different definite, easy, descriptive solution!?

Please advise. If linking it to a desktop, I want to do so in the most simple cheap way. I've had conflicting and confusing advice here and on other forums. Some say simply buy an IDE adaptor, others an NICs and x-over cable, others an enclosure. Please confirm which, and then an easy, step by step guide to what I would need to do. Sorting through all the conflicting points and needs, ways on many forums is proving impossible and just one or two posts would probably do fine, once and for all. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online