Installing Windows XP Media Center Edition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wizzkid

Hi Guy's,

This is probs an easy one for you, but as I have never done it I'm a little lost.

I have had all kinds of problems with my PC - sys restore dissapearing, nothing in control panel, inable to access win update. outlook express will not open up fully extreamly slow amongst other things. So after hours of attempting fixes nothing has worked. So I have decided to re-install the OS (well I have had the pc for a bout 3 years, I think it could do with a clean start). The thing is I only had the disk supplied by the PC manufacturer, will this do the job, I have attempted to repair it via this disk, but it keeps showing errors and requesting SP2 disk which was not supplied. Can I use Fdisk then a clean install. I don't wanna wipe the hard drive then discover I have cleaned of the OS and I am not able to load a clean OS.

Thanks for your help
Wizzkid

What does your repair disk say on the label?

Usually dell includes a Windows Restore Installation disk, which does allow you to fully reinstall the operating system then use the key on the side of your computer box to activate windows again.

This should not be problem.

On the restore cd it should say "Windows Mediat Center" or something along those lines. All Dell cds are labeled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online