1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing windows xp, no hard drive found ??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dell2be, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dell2be

dell2be Thread Starter

Ok i have a fuji-semins laptop Model Li 18181 with windows vista home basic and im fed up with it, vista is slow on and it i dont hink it was meant for the pc althought it came with it. So i got windows xp pro, inserted the disk and when it loaded it said no hard drives foun, how do i install windows xp now if it cant find my 100gb hard drive, im confused as i have installed windows xp in other laptops for friends and never had this problem please help me.

Actual Error Message

SETUP DID NOT FIND ANY HARD DISK DRIVES INSTALLED IN YOUR COMPUTER.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

You can't do that without an XP driver for sata hard drive which won't exist unless this unit ever had XP on it and the other issue is drivers and if there are none then you won't get on the internet or have any sound most likely as that is what happens to most who try what you do,
    Vista is fine if you tweak it and there are many posts on this forum if you search that tell you how to remove Uac and Windows defender and shut down the dumb annoying security notices as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/729366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice