1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing windows xp on a raid0 array

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by safezone, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. safezone

safezone Thread Starter

Hi all

I just finished building a new comp.The raid0 array is already set up.Downloaded the latest raid drivers for the onboard promise controller.Motherboard is PC4800-E deluxe.When I open up the folder that contains the driver it has these folders NT4/Win98-ME/Win2000/Win2003/WinXP.It also has these files 378/fasttx2k/readme/txtsetup.oem and a make disk thingy.

When i Click on the make disk it makes a floppy with all the info on it but its an exact replica of what i downloaded so everything is in folders on the floppy.Was curious if i just have to use the files that are in the winxp folder (fasttx2k setup information/fasttx2k system file/fasttx2k security catalog/ptipbmf.dll)and the files that are in the root directory (378/fasttx2k/readme/txtsetup.oem to make a floppy to get windows xp going after it prompts you to press f6 to load third party drivers?

2. norton850

norton850

If I understand your question correctly, all you need on the floppy for the F6 procedure are the files that are created when you choose Make Disk.

3. safezone

safezone Thread Starter

Thing is when i choose make disk it put everything in there including folders and everything needs to be in the root directory on the floppy for it to read the disk.

4. norton850

norton850

You are correct the floppy that you make will have also have several folders. Sounds like you're ready to go.

5. safezone

safezone Thread Starter

Have tried the make disk and it will not read it at all since the files are in folders and not in the root directory so i guess ill get rid of the folders and put everything in the root directory and give it a shot

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice