Installing Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rmfry02

I have been trying to install Windows XP onto a Compaq 5822 with 317 mb of RAM. I get to within 16 minutes left during the final installation phase and it keep locking up. The green bar only progresses part way but the message screen continues to flash message changes. How can I finish the installation?

rmfry02

I tried to install right over my existing Windows 98. I accomplished that on my other system without problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online