1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing XP Academic Upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jit1217, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jit1217

jit1217 Thread Starter

Trying to upgrade Windows 2000 Pro to XP. Inadvertently bought the Academic version. Get through steps 1, 2 and 3 of install . . . but can't get past that. It's asking for Disc 2 and I only got one disc. Can anyone help?

Thanx.

2. The Hound

The Hound

Welcome to TSG...

Have you tried to exchange the Academic Version for the appropriate upgrade version?

If you're attempting to install a version in violation of the licensing agreement, the TSG rules don't allow for support here.

3. jit1217

jit1217 Thread Starter

Thanx for the prompt response. It's actually my sister who purchased the academic version and although I know the academic version is not the complete version, she had no idea. She bought it on eBay . . . So, it probably cannot be returned. But, back to the problem.

Is the academic version an "unauthorized" version?

I appreciate your help!

jit1217

4. The Hound

The Hound

I'll ping a moderator--I don't have that answer...

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

She should file a complaint with Ebay, and with whatever method was used to pay for the purchase (VISA, Paypal, etc).

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

An academic version of Windows is a complete version. My guess is that you got something other than a legitimate copy.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!