Installing XP on Gateway laptop SATA HD with no floppy drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SpiderSpartan

I've looked around and I'm having a hard time finding good info on this. I've looked up stuff like slipstreaming SATA drivers into the windows disc, but I don't think I'm doing it right. I got the correct SATA drivers from gateways website. I'm pretty sure this system just uses the intel SATA Chipset. Any way if anyone could help me install XP on my Gateway C-141XL laptop without having a floppy disc I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

SpiderSpartan

Scratch that last post. I can install XP and I added all the drivers I could get off gateways web site to the install CD using nliteos, but when I start the machine up it acts weird. I can't see my wireless or NIC and I can't get IE to work at all. Not really sure what else to do here aside from trying to find a cheap USB floppy drive. Anyone have any idea?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online