installing XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vmpyre

when i try to install winXP home edition i get this error after the 1st restart, 1768 d:\base\boot\setup\ardisp.c.

does anyone know what this means?

thanks

AMD 1.3Athlon, 256DDR, K7S5A (mother board).

I had a major systems crash on my machine, it rebooted on its own accord then blue screens starting popping up on restarts etc etc. Anyway I repartionted and formatted my Hard drives.

Now I get the same error when i go to install XP. I have tried booting from the CD and using \I386\winnt method.

Did you ever find a solution?

P.S. I'd install 98 or ME but for some reason they wont copy the initial setup files, just put me back to a DOS prompt after running setups from a ME boot disk.

Error Msg: "An unexpected error (258363000) occured at line 1768 d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c."

I am running Asus A7M266, Athlon 1.33Ghz, 256 DDR PC2100 (1 Stick), Geforce 2 GTS 64mb, 2 Western Digital HD's (20&80GB).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts