Installshield Engine errors/problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BLUTRAIN

I've searched (not extensively), but have gotten very frustrated trying to install several games (i.e. Half-Life games, some emulators, black and white, etc.). The installshield engine comes up with an error stating it needs to close. When I click to look at the error report this comes up:

AppName: 000e1f99._mp AppVer: 5.53.168.0 ModName: 000e1f99._mp
ModVer: 5.53.168.0 Offset: 00036410

...also, C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\2346_appcompat.txt is one of the files that comes up under "the following files will be included in this error report."

I have tried installing the new ikernal for installshield, shortening the path of the temp directory, and moving the installshield folder from common files up one directory to program files (I tried these things because they were listed as possible solutions from another guys thread).

I can post a hijack this list if needed. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-Steve

Are you sure your problems with these installs are not due to the source?

Do you get any different errors which include the "type" of error?

We can't really offer support for "emulators" or other possible violations of copyrighted material.

Try the install doing a "clean boot" to rule out conflicts; for example you can terminate all processes with a User Name except Explorer, or you can try following the MS drill here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online