1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

InstallShield Has Encountered a problem and needs to close......Helppp!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by bonniescot, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonniescot

bonniescot Thread Starter

Hi there

I have just bought Star Trek *Hidden Evil* PC game (New), however, it won't install. I get this blue box which says, something along the lines of.....

InstallShield has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause (yeh, loads actually lololol).

I'm am running XP Pro and on Broadband. This has never happened with any other game before and it's really annoying me.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?? and perhaps give me a *simple* step by step guide to perhaps fixing the problem. I have sent lots of *Error Reports* but for all the good they will do.

Nothing the manufacturer (Xplosiv) suggested worked and the game is now discontinued. Some of the stuff, I was unable to try as it was way over my head and I was afraid I'd mess something up on my system.

Thanks again :)

2. kingdude

kingdude

Some games detect internet connections when they install, if your firewall and/or antivirus software is set to ignore drogue connections it might interfere with the installation. Disable any option that automatically blocks attemps to access the internet. Hope this works...

3. bonniescot

bonniescot Thread Starter

I did disable all anti-virus software and all other background programmes and tried again, but sadly still the same outcome. I'm pretty scunnered now :( I even emptied my *Temp* folder and cleaned up the system to no avail.

I was advised to copy the disk to hard drive and install from Safe Mode, but I don't know how to copy the files onto the desktop from the CD Rom Drive, so have not tried that yet, that's a tip I got from Xplosiv. How do I do that? Or any other help here would be great. Don't want to feel I have wasted money.

Thanks again

Meg, Scotland.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice