installshield interrupted ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jean-sébastien

Hi everyone !! Help me !!

Since few day's, I try to install software of my new webcam, but installshield cannot finished the installation. Window appear whit following message :" Wizard was interrupted before logitech quickcam could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified"

It's the first time it happen ?? I tried to emptied TEMP files but no success....

What's the problem ??

Boot to MS-DOS Mode and type: SCANREG /Restore

A menu will be displayed with a list of 5 dates, pick a date before the problem began.

This will restore a backup copy of the Windows Registry.

In addition to the registry restore, I have a question and a suggestion. Did you turn off your Anti Virus before you started the install? If not, try that. And what other programs are running in the background. Right before you install, do a CRTL +ALT+DEL and close everything other than Windows explorer and Systray.

Also, empty the contents of the Windows\temp folder.
Try the install again.

jean-sébastien

Yes, I tried ctrl-alt-del and close everything but nothing and nothing with MS-DOS scanreg/restore....Is it possible that the problem is windows installer ??

You say you are trying to install a WEBCAM. What is the make and Model? Your system specs may be handy too.

That message is very little to go on. All it means is the installation was stopped.(interrupted) But by what and why? I don't know.

jean-sébastien

I don't think that's is my webcam cause all installation did with wizard is a problem...

And for MOSAIC, (thanks for your answer), is the only message that I have from installshield wizard, no number of error or something like that...

Can I use another install program instead of wizard ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online