1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installshield interrupted ???

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jean-sébastien, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jean-sébastien

jean-sébastien Thread Starter

Hi everyone !! Help me !!

Since few day's, I try to install software of my new webcam, but installshield cannot finished the installation. Window appear whit following message :" Wizard was interrupted before logitech quickcam could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified"

It's the first time it happen ?? I tried to emptied TEMP files but no success....

What's the problem ??

2. Dan O

Dan O

Boot to MS-DOS Mode and type: SCANREG /Restore

A menu will be displayed with a list of 5 dates, pick a date before the problem began.

This will restore a backup copy of the Windows Registry.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

In addition to the registry restore, I have a question and a suggestion. Did you turn off your Anti Virus before you started the install? If not, try that. And what other programs are running in the background. Right before you install, do a CRTL +ALT+DEL and close everything other than Windows explorer and Systray.

Also, empty the contents of the Windows\temp folder.
    Try the install again.

4. jean-sébastien

Yes, I tried ctrl-alt-del and close everything but nothing and nothing with MS-DOS scanreg/restore....Is it possible that the problem is windows installer ??

5. jean-sébastien

Thanks to you for your help but my problem is still there...

Does anyone can help me ???

6. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

You say you are trying to install a WEBCAM. What is the make and Model? Your system specs may be handy too.

That message is very little to go on. All it means is the installation was stopped.(interrupted) But by what and why? I don't know.

7. jean-sébastien

I don't think that's is my webcam cause all installation did with wizard is a problem...

And for MOSAIC, (thanks for your answer), is the only message that I have from installshield wizard, no number of error or something like that...

Can I use another install program instead of wizard ??

8. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice