Installshield Problems Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mclaren101

Hi, i just reconfigured my computer and i tryed to install some of my games and all of them failed, for each one i tired to install it gave me errors for them? Can u please help me fix this problem?

mclaren101

Nope still doesnt work, i tried both of yours and nothing. I dunno man i had this problem some other time and i dont know what i did to fix it. Dunno maybe its my dvd rom transfer rate or something bios in is wrong>? Like what transfer rate should i use PIO or what?

You are not telling us what the error messages are, without that we cannot research or narrow the problem.

What games, what errors?

mclaren101

THe errors i get r those common ones, like when "the game has encounterd an error and needs to close" and setup has experienced an error. like those thats the installshield right?

No info - no fix

We cannot see ur PC - give us the exact error message and no short cuts - EXACT message

You can upload them as long as they are under 200 kb in size. Use the jpeg format for best compression.

Also when you install and get an error, run eventvwr.msc and look under both the system and applications logs for a corresponding error. You can open its properties page and use the "copy" icon there to copy it to the clipboard.

AND, an error like "the game has encountered an error and needs to close" is not an installation error. It is an error in the game itself. For those you should be posting in the gaming forum and consulting the vendor's site for the game itself.

One thing we can do here is check to see if your errors are caused by "malware" conflicts.

Download and install HijackThis using the "self extractor". Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts