1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jporter313, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jporter313

jporter313 Thread Starter

I have a Lite-On SHW-160P6S DVD drive. Just recently reinstalled windows and reformatted and was in the process of gradually getting everything set up and installed, when my drive disappeared. I don't know exactly when, but it was gone. I checked the device manager and it said the driver was corrupted, no updated driver available, so I uninstalled and restarted. Upon restart, Windows recognizes the drive and begins to install it, and then gives me this error:

"Cannot Install this Hardware

Ther was a problem installing this hardware:

LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S

An error occured during the installation of the device.

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

This doesn't make any sense as my computer is more than capable of handling a DVD drive and it was working fine before. Does anyone have any idea why this has happened and how to fix it? Thanks.

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

You could have a Faulty Memery Stick.(Bad Sector)

Try this test and see what turns up.
    http://www.memtest.org/

If you get errors then Replace Mem.

You will have to find an Internet Capable PC to download it.

3. jporter313

well, unfotunately, my hands are a little tied with memtest since my PC doesn't have a floppy, my CD burner isn't working, and I don't have a USB drive. I'll try and get a USB key soon, but for now, any other things I could try?

4. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

Can U Get/Borrow another Optical Drive and C if the Installation Completes.

Sort out the other issue when U have XP up.

5. jporter313

ok, was gone all wekend, but before I left, I tried to plug my PSP into my PC and got the same error. I haven't tested it yet, but I think that my copy of windows has lost it's ability to install new drivers.

I really don't want to have to reinstall windows again if I can avoid it. Please let me know if any of you have any more ideas. Thanks.

6. jporter313

yeah, I tried plugging in my other DVD drive, it doesn't see it at all, also, I tried booting in safe mode and it BSODs and restarts every time I try to boot into safe mode.

7. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

Try sfc /scannow from the run command

8. jporter313

Okay, I needed my comp to be working last night, so I just went ahead and wiped the drive and reinstalled windows. Thanks a lot for the suggestions though Sherry22160.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice