1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Insufficient system resources

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bj28387, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bj28387

bj28387 Thread Starter

Have "Iomega Automatic Backup Pro Software" and the Iomega 80gb usb external hard drive . This software works great for backing up data
    . The only way I can get it to work for a complete system restore on my C/Drive is in safe mode!
    Otherwise I Keep getting error message \.\C: failed to backup, error code: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (0x00517913, 0x0051526C, 0x20005900, 0x20005900) Have tried msconfig selective start, nothing running in back round. Spent 3 days with Iomega support with out any positive results.
    Tried it on another computer had same problem. One of the computers has Windows Xp Pro (media adtion) the other windows XP home.The Windows Pro is HP that has the recovery backup on seperate partion D/Drive , installed as fat32,. Normal system is on C/drive . I can do a back up the on the D/drive Fat32 but not the C/drive which is NTFS.

This appears to be great software very simple to use nothing like Ghost 2003 . only problem it doesn't work for doing a complete system backup. (The reason I bought it)

Was wondering if anyone has used this software and had similar difficulties ? Or if anyone has any idea what could be causing the problem?

Thank you..

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

How much RAM does the system(s) have and does Iomega advise on that subject?

3. bj28387

bj28387 Thread Starter

Have 512mb! Iomega says 128mb.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!