1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

INT13 error on installing OS

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Murdies8up, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Murdies8up

Murdies8up Thread Starter

Ok got an older 233 for the kids. Dusted it off and set it up. Now when I try to install Windows ME it fails. I know that the hard drive is good and the "box" came from my uncle and worked fine for him. I am at a complete loss. It goes thru the checking system (If I remeber correctly) but when it reboots to setup I get and windows error. I cant rember off hand exactly what it says but if I heard it I would remeber. If I can get another moniter ill hook it up again and post exactly what it says. I do rember an INT13 error though. I dont see a conflict in the bios though. Oh yea and something about window protection mode.

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there Murdies8up...

Just a few questions...

Did you reformat the drive before the install ?

What size and make is the drive ?

The reason I ask is that the INT 13 interface is hard drive related...

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/bios/sizeGB8-c.html

3. Murdies8up

Murdies8up Thread Starter

Its an older 1.7 gig quantum sirocco. I worked fine in my system. I upgraded to a 100 gig HD and decided to move it over. As for the formating I think I used windows to format it then moved it to the other system. It has been a while so I could be forgeting what I did. In the bios I think I used the AUTO feature. Maybe that is the trouble.

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Ok...try using Fdisk and delete and then recreate the partition while it is in the older pc ( I'm assuming that the 1.7 gig is in the older pc ), then try installing ME, and let ME format the drive, and see if that works...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!