Integrated display adaptor not detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

prakashmandal

My rig:

Asus Z390 E Gaming
I9 9900K (Intel 630 UHD)
NVIDIA RTX 2070
I had connected my 4K gaming monitor to the RTX 2070 via DP for the first time. Everything was running well. GTA V Was running in 4K ultra settings with very high fps.
Two days later I connected the DP to the motherboard instead of the 2070. Installed GeForce experience and updated the Nvidia drivers. Following that I uninstalled the old Nvidia drivers. Ran GTA 5 again. This time with maybe single digit fps. Checked the monitor to find that Intel UHD 630 is running the game. connected the monitor back to 2070, but this time the shared video memory allotted in GTA V was pretty low. Better, but low.
Restarted the system, didn't help. Only that the Intel gpu wasn't getting detected anymore.
A few switches later, I found that only the gpu where the monitor was connected was being detected, unlike earlier. Reset bios. Flashed windows. No change. Reset CMOS, no result. Updated BIOS, windows and everything, didn't work.
Reset windows two more times. Now, both the GPUs get detected when monitor is connected to the motherboard. When connected to the 2070, integrated graphics don't work. Please help.

On most boards when you have a GPU in the PCIe16 slot it disables the onboard graphics. If you have a 2070 why are you trying to use onboard graphics?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts