1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Integrated Geforce 6100 or old Geforce FX 5200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stevetheman, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevetheman

stevetheman Thread Starter

Which of those two card's would be better for very light gaming (Some 04 and 05 Sports Games) and other than that just regular XP use? My old FX 5200 was a 128mb card with a 200mhz clock speed and the new 6100 has 425mhz clock speed. Any Help?

2. Jones

Jones

If you have lots of system RAM, then the 6100 is probably the best choice. You'd probably need at least a gig of RAM though.

If you only have 256, or 512, the 5200 might be the better choice. Best idea is to test your games with both setups, and see which plays better.

3. CDBongo

CDBongo

yeah, i completely agree with jones,
    if you happen to have 1gb of ram, then i would think that the 6100 would definately be better than if you had 256 or 512mb.
    I would still think that the 5200 would be better just because it is a seperate unit, but it might suck if it is pci instead of agp or pci-e, but since no one knows your system better than you, the best method would be to test it.

For you i would reccomend 3dmark 01 because that seems to be about the level of your components so i think that test would be more fitting. Plus it's free, and the test if fun to watch. just google 3d mark, go to futuremark's site, click download, and scroll down to discontinued products and select 3dmark 01, heck i'll just save you some time and link you:
    http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark2001/
    run the test on the integrated graphics, the install the 5200, and run the test again, whichever one has the higher score, well use it of course.
    good luck to you my low end gaming bro (you think you're specs are bad, see mine)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice