1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Integrated graphics help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grim_R3aper, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grim_R3aper

Grim_R3aper Thread Starter

Heres my problem, just bought a Nvidia 8800GT 512 MB GDDR3, and i got home to install it, i disabled my integrated graphics, but then my moniter wouldnt display anything? so i put in my Nvidia 8800GT thinking it would fix it, i was wrong. the Nvidia 8800GT is installed, but my moniter still wont display :( its all plugged in right, i dont know what to do IM SURE its because i disabled my integrated graphics in my bois, how do i get it back?

2. Grim_R3aper

anyone? i need this done by tonight

3. Deathblow

Deathblow

Shouldn't need the integrated graphics if the video card is in and working. If all else fails, you can try a bios reset.

4. Grim_R3aper

how do i do a bois reset if i cant see what im doing? the moniter doesnt work at all :(

5. Deathblow

Deathblow

Well, first off, I would shut everything off, remove the video card, then re-install it. Sometimes the seating is just off. Also, does the video card have 2 outputs on it?

6. Grim_R3aper

The video card is an Nvidia 8800 PCI-E it takes one slot, i made sure its in. wothout the video card in it still doesnt work

7. Deathblow

Deathblow

Ok, does it have two outputs? I know sometimes on mine, I have to switch ports or power off and back on for it to work.

8. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Remove the CMOS battery for 10 minutes while the PC is disconnected from the power.

Then reinstall, that should reinstall the default settings.

I have no idea why you would want to uninstall on-board video before the new card is up and running though.

9. Deathblow

Deathblow

Some have jumpers that will reset the bios as well. I was just hoping to find an easier solution for you first.

10. Grim_R3aper

hmm the back of the video card does have 2 outputs....im going to try it.

11. Grim_R3aper

i never uninstalled it, i disabled it. but ill try this will it change anything on my computer? besides resetting the bios.

*EDIT*

i dont know how to take the battery out, im not really that good with computers. :(

12. Grim_R3aper

any other ideas on how to get this thing up and running?

13. Deathblow

Deathblow

Do you know what computer/motherboard you have?

14. Grim_R3aper

I have a custom computer, my motherboard is a:

Gigabyte S-series
    GA-MA69VM-S2

15. Deathblow

Deathblow

Ok, here's a pic showing your motherboard, with the battery highlighted. After making sure the computer is unplugged, carefully remove this battery, and follow Kiwiguys instructions.

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/708463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice