1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Integrated Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Killer360, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Killer360

Killer360 Thread Starter

Okay, So I have a Dell and it came along with an Intel Integrated Media 900, with a Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family. I am trying to get the latest drivers for the card and I have tried to install them numerous times. When it is installing, I get this error message:http://images.dx-h.com/files/23/Driver error.JPG

I have no idea if this is my computer, which I don't think it is because I just got this computer last week. I'm wondering if Intel goofed something up when they made the .exe or if something els happened.

2. swwelsh

swwelsh

it could be a corrupted download, try downloading the drivers again

3. KingCody

KingCody

what's wrong with the drivers that you have now??

if you really do need to update the drivers for that machine, make sure that you get the drivers from the support.dell website, not from intel.

4. Killer360

Killer360 Thread Starter

The drivers are outdated and the graphics are not what they are suppost to be. Thanks for giving me the tip.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Youy really shouldn't expect much from Intel's Graphics Media Accelerator, compared to ATI and NVidia GPU's its several generations behind and terribly lacking in performance against anything in the Radeon X series or the Nvidia 6xxxx series of cards.

6. Killer360

Killer360 Thread Starter

Yeah, At the moment I really only want to play CS:S, and the Intel site said that it was playable if you had the latest graphics card drivers. I'm going to try this, but if there is no success, then I will go to BestBuy and pick up an nVidia or something.

One more quick question: (I'm not to bright on PC hardware) How do you know a video card is compatible with your computer? Does it have something to do with the motherboard? Or are all video cards compatible with all computers?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You have to match the video card interface with the motherboard interface. So you need to check if your DELL support PCI-Express graphics, being a DELL it may not. Then you're stuck with the slow regular PCI interface. For PCI the best you can get is a BFG 6200 OC video card which still has a GPU that ahead of Intel's GMA even though its limited heavily by the much slower PCI bus.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  9. xMikex

xMikex

Thats a good point if you dont have service pack 2 it wont install right

10. Killer360

Killer360 Thread Starter

Is there anyway that you can find out if your motherboard has PCI-Express? Is there some sort of system information in windows xp that says that?

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What Dell model do you have? What Service Tag? They have the specs listed on the site.

12. Killer360

Killer360 Thread Starter

I have a Dell Dimension 1100...I don't see the motherboard listed there.

13. norton850

norton850

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  15. lycos5

lycos5

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/450783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice