1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rebon, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Need to buy a basic pc and on a budget, I have seen a Dell pc with "Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2" as the graphics.

I will need to play games on this pc and I wondered if onboard graphics have improved much over the years?

Was considering this pc.

2. Kablooie

Kablooie

onboard vidcards HAVE improved over the years, but if you truely want to play games on your system, I'd have to recommend getting a new vidcard. There's budget cards out there too, so you probably wouldn't have to spend a WHOLE lot more...

3. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Bad bet. Integrated graphics is okay, but you'd suffer if you're goin to play heavy games like doom adn half-life. Better investment if you get something with video no integrated.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    While its true that they have have improved quite a lot they are still unacceptable for most 3D gaming. If the computer has an AGP slot or a PCI Express slot then you can pick up a cheap add-in card to improve gaimng performance and return the shared RAM to the system.

5. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

That's what I thought onboard graphics is still no good for gaming :(
    Thanks for the replys have to look for a cheap video card.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/343850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice