1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Integrated Video Comparison

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow2531, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow2531

Shadow2531 Thread Starter

INtergrated video sucks, but......

Which chipset/intergrated video is better?

Intergrated Video on VIA PLE 133 chipset(Integrated Trident 2D/3D video accelerator)

or

intel 810E chipset intergrated video.

It's a long story, but I need to know if this
    http://www.elements-pc.com/mb/cm33/cm33.html motherboad is better than a similar featured motherboard with an intel 810E chipset.

A certain union computer was suppose to come with a motherboard that had an 810E chipset. However it came with the one above. The one it came with has integrated video, intergated sound, 3 pci slots, 1 shared, 1 amr slot. pci modem, pci network card, and intergrated video. It also has ata 100, 2 dimm slots and can handle 1GB of unbuffered pc133 sdram.

I coudn't find enough info on the 810E at intel for some reason.

I just need to know if the computer is better off with the elements cm33 motherboard than the intel810E motherboard that it was supposed to come with.

Thanks

2. brianF

brianF

Just an opinion, but that trident chipset is as old as the hills, I would venture the 810E would be a better choice.

3. Shadow2531

Shadow2531 Thread Starter

Thanks for the input.

Does the 810e chipset support ata 100 or only ata66.

From what I just read, it looks like the 810E2 has ata 100, but the regular 810E only has ata 66, but need confirmation on that. Also, if you know, how much memory is supported by the 810E chipset.

I hate surfing through intel's website. I am a great searcher, but that site is a pain sometimes.

Thanks

I am going to check the via site too, to see what I can find.

ps. I hope this post turns out ok, since I am posting from BeOS using opera 3.62. BeOS rocks, for the most part.

anyways, thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice