integrated vs. dedicated graphics

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

olsonar

I have a game (Aura: fate of the ages) that says it needs graphics that support DirectX 8 and has 32MB of memory. Is it possible to run this game on integrated graphics if at least 32MB of RAM is shared to it? Or will I need graphics with its own memory? Thanks in advance.

It MAY be possible... if the integrated card does indeed support DX 8 and is 32MB Vidcard with shared memory... but depending upon your total system RAM (and even without it being a factor) the preformance would never be as good as a seperate video card...

Couriant

James
i concur. Dedicated video is much better than intergated.

If you have enough RAM so that taking away 32MB is still good enough to meet the minimum requirements, then yes, it should work alright. However, if it is a fast-moving, graphically intense game, then it might perform a bit slower than it should. A seperate video card is almost always better than onboard video for most games, except for PCI video cards with games meant for AGP cards.

Integrated graphics cards are inferior, especially those Intel ones.
I think it's about time Intel stopped making those awful things!

corey19981

if your going to be a gamer, you definately need to lose the integrated graphics and buy an nvidia or ATI Radeon graphics card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online