1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel 810 Chipset - P3 chip incompatability? (Comp is freezing)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bungsai, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bungsai

bungsai Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I have had my computer for 1 year now and it has been crazhing frequently. I have checked out some websites and have done some checks on the hardware in my computer, trying to gather as much information as i can. I have a webiste which has an article which highlites a problem that may occur between a p3 processor and the intel 810 chipset.

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9906/04/pentium3.idg/

I have a HP Pavilion 8624 and i have upgraded the ram, and the video card but none of these have helped. I was also wondering if there are any other people out there that have this same problem.

thanks

Bungsai

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Bungsai
    Did you follow the proceedure laid out by HP for updating the 810 chipset with standard drivers, then disabling those drivers before you install the new video card and drivers?
    Take a look at this proceedure.
    Click here for Article
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Dave

3. kramnnim

kramnnim

What OS are you using? I have a P3 with 810 chipset, it froze constantly with WinME, but never with 2k/XP.

4. bungsai

bungsai Thread Starter

Hi thanks for the replies, i am using the Microsoft Windows XP os and i had a look at the hp website and i can't find out how to do what it is saying in windows xp. Sorry to be so brief, i gotta run

Thanks

Bungsai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice