1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel 82810 video driver - upgrade need desperately

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hotskates, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have tried downloading the updated driver I need for my ME operating system at INTEL's website and none of their downloads work. Any other place to get what I need?
    It is a video driver for Intel 82810 graphics controller. Thanks, Hotskates

2. Sponsor

3. carltasha

carltasha

is thaty onboard vidio ? if it is the drivers should be on the disk for the motherboard .

4. Casey820

Casey820

What do you mean "none of the downloads work"? Does that mean you can't download any files from the web site? You can't extract the files? You can't install the drivers?

What is the exact model motherboard you have?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You're saving it to a folder, and then expanding it, correct? Then go to device manager, choose update driver, then point it to the location where you have chosen.

6. SexyTech

SexyTech

7. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

OK - Lets see if I can explain this better:

I think my motherboard is: Trigem Computer, INC
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies
    Does that sound right? Because I don't know what a motherboard is.

There are about 20 driver downloads for my 82810 graphics controller, at INTEL's website. I tried everyone of them and when I go to download instead of it taking the 15 minutes per download as they mention as their estimated time it downloads in about 3 seconds with the message: this download appears to be a webpage. One that I was able to pick a few items from and download said: Win 9xe67.exe isn't a win32 application. So, Casey, I can't download from the website, extract or install.
    Acacandy, I don't have a folder to expand.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is INTEL just impossible to download from.

8. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Sexytech,

I downloaded the Intel updated driver from WINDOWS UPDATE
    As you suggested. I installed it and it was newer than the driver I had origionally. After I installed it and restarted my computer as directed I received this error message when Windows had rebooted:

The lGFXTRAY.EXE file is linked to missing export HCCUTILS.DLL:IsDisplayValid.

Any idea what that error message meant? Thanks, Hotskates

9. SexyTech

SexyTech

igfxtray.exe
    Status: Quick access to the control panel via a System Tray icon for graphics based upon the Intel chipsests (ie, i810). These chipsets are often included on motherboards. Recommendation: Leave it working if you want or suspend running.

Also, check out http://www.sensiblecomputers.ca/drivers/Video/I771/releasenotesvideo.pdf for a PDF file about your chipset. that may explain it better!

One other thing...

Try setting the display adapter to "Standard PCI adapter VGA", then reboot a couple times, then, reload the latest Intel Driver from Windows Update!

Good luck!

10. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Hi,

Please excuse my inexperience. Now, first of all should I uninall the driver that I just installed first? Secondly, I for the life of me,
    can't figure out how to set the display adapter to "Standard PCI adapter VGA".

Hopefully you can answer this for me and put my lame brain to rest. Thanks, hotskates

11. stu37

stu37

12. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I installed an update for my graphics driver yesterday and the following error message showed up:

"The lGFXTRAY.EXE file is linked to missing export HCCUTILS.DLL:IsDisplayValid." Then it has a box to click that says "ok". THe message shows up at startup.

I have WIndows ME and the driver is Intel 82810. I'm not sure if the new driver is working since I am getting this message.

Any ideas about how to fix the problem so the error message doesn't show up any more?

Thanks, Hotskates

13. brianF

brianF

Try this I found

Start/run/msconfig and remove igfxtray.exe which does nothing more than provide Quick access to the control panel via a System Tray icon for graphics based upon the Intel chipsests (ie, i810). Not required

14. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

hotskates, please don't start a new thread, things get too confusing....keep posting back to this one, I've merged both threads.

15. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Sorry about the new thread - I just thought maybe someone who was experienced in error messages might see my problem and give me an answer. I didn't realize that it would be better to keep the whole discussion "under one roof." You're right.

So, as BrianF suggested I unclicked the igfxtray from the startup.

And I still wondered if the new driver update was installed?
    Or, is it not needed like he mentioned?

Thanks, Hotskates

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/94194