Intel 945gtp integrated sound will not work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FATBACK1980

My soundcard just stop working one day, and since then, I have not been able to fix it....Please Help!!

When installing intels driver i get this error message...

Device object not present, restart system and run setup again....

And when I try to install intel audio studio I get this error

Intel Audio Studio Controller
Error 453 Can't find DLL entry point sflInitSTCOM in IASDLL.DLL

Uninstall any previous drivers, and if you have something like SigmaTel audio, uninstall it. Delete any downloads you have, run Ccleaner to delete bad registry entries, THEN try it again.

I've had annoying problems with both of my D946GZIS boards and sound.

FATBACK1980

I just did all that to no avail...anything else i should try? Could the card have died?

Look in your device manager and see if there are any other devices having conflicts or problems.

FATBACK1980

I have winxp mce sp2 and my bios is the most uptodate from intels website. I just updated it the other day because I too thought that was the problem.

Try one of the STACGUI drivers. Some of those are for front panel headers and some are for rear panel outputs only. It may be that yours is trying to find hardware that isn't there.

Here's a desperation measure that's worked on some occasions in the past. Run add hardware wizard and see if you can point it to C/Program Files/Intel, (or any other location that might be storing drivers) and see if it will pick one up and install it.

Also check Windows and see if one of it's generic drivers will get it running.

This is a couple of things to try before you pronounce it dead.

FATBACK1980

I tried the way you said, it installs it properly, but then it says that the device cannot start...so i guess it is dead...thanks for all the help though!!

You're welcome.

If you have PCI slots available, you can get cheap sound cards at Newegg that will probably be even better sounding than the onboard.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online