Intel Application Accelerator stops PC from booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Surgery

Okay, I only recently heard of the IAA/chipset installer, because my new Radeon 9800 XT was lagging, and ATI had recommended installing Intel's Application Accelerator. So, the chipset installer worked fine, but on installing IAA, my system boots up to the XP loading screen, then almost immediately acts as if I pressed reset, going back to the bios screen. I can get back to Windows by using the last good configuration option, but then I lose the IAA drivers.

My system (was originally intended for Windows 2000, so this might be a problem):
Pentium 4 1400mhz
512 megs (PC 133) RAM
Two hard-drives; a Maxtor 2B020H1 19 gig and a Western Digital 160 gig partitioned into two drives
ATI Radeon 9800 XT (R630)
Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2X/M - AC'97 Audio Controller.

Help!

i would lose the software, its obviously not tested for XP, and your chipset probably isnt INTEL, chipset drivers are for the motherboard, not the video card

so getting rid of the software might help

as for the lag, i would upgrade your processor, 1400 or 1.4ghz is slow nowadays

Surgery

I'm trying to install the software onto the IDE storage controller (which Windows recognised as Intel), so that the graphics card runs properly; Intel's website describes IAA as
'The Intel(R) Application Accelerator is designed to improve
performance of the storage sub-system and overall system
performance. This software delivers improved performance
through several ingredient technologies (components).'

It also talks about removing data bottlenecks, which is what happening with my system when I run full-3D games.

well, what im saying is get rid of it anyways, i understand your trying to up performance and all, but obviously the software dosent work when it causes thgese type of problems

Surgery

Too true, even installing just the IDE drivers from the setup file messes things up, so now I'm back to square one with why my Radeon isn't performing properly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online