1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

intel camera freezing in Yahoo IM

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by winkpc, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winkpc

winkpc Thread Starter

First, I am not exactly sure where this post belongs as I'm not sure what is causing the problem. My husband installed the Intel Pocket camera on his Acer computer running Win 98se. Camera works fine unless he tries to access it while on Yahoo's IM. Then it freezes the whole system. I run the same camera on my Compaq Pc with ME OS; same version camera and software( Create and Share ver D 4.76), same Instant Messenger and have no problems. We thought it might be his anti virus program ( he uses McAfee ver 6.01) and have tried running it with that stopped and it still freezes. The only differences we have is he uses Netscape Communicator ver. 4.76 and I use Explorer 6. Also he connects using ATT and I have Bellsouth DSL. We've checked the drivers and installed updated Active X on his computer but none of that helped. Any suggestions on what to look at next? Have looked on both Intel and Yahoo for an answer but they don't seem to apply to his specific problem or version of the software. Am thinking the problem is occuring maybe because of his ATT connection or the Communicator?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!