1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Conroe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smety, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smety

Smety Thread Starter

2. GripS

GripS

Why spend the dough on the extreme? Buy the cheapest and overclock it.

Man oh man. Even though my system is fast enough as it is i think i might have to get myself a third computer here pretty soon. The wife won't be happy but this is just too good to pass up right now.

Actually looking at the system in your sig I can see why you would buy the extreme. Anything less wouldn't be an insignificant performance increase. 3.2 ghz out of an FX-60!!? That's impressive. On an Asus motherboard no less.

3. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

YAY!! AMD Price drops!!!

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

I love my beautiful daughter Kristen!!!! Eric is my nephew and he is the biggest nerd i have ever met in my whole life!! seriously what a loser yah cheap computer stuff giga bite yah go computers!

5. Smety

Smety Thread Starter

LOL! I think I'm going to lower it though, it's been getting real hot lately when playing games, don't want to mess it up . . . anymore than it already is >.<

The thing is with Intel, is their processors (in my exp) run a lot hotter than AMD. I'd rather not overclock an Intel because they are much more vulnerable I think . . . That's why I'd just buy the extreme edition . . .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice