1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, 4MB Cache, not running both cores?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by itc-cvisser, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itc-cvisser

itc-cvisser Thread Starter

Hi

I purchased a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz CPU (1066FSB, 4MB Cache). The motherboard I purchased is an Intel DP35PD (Dragontail Peak), which uses the new Intel Bearlake P35 chipset. When I used the CPU-Z utility to check out the spec of my CPU, I saw that the core selector is greyed out so I can't select the different cores. I also own a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard that can display your CPU usage on the display screen on the keyboard. The screen does however display both cores, and their usages, as well as in Windows' Task Manager. While playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for example I only see a load on the one core and not the other one as well. Is something wrong with the setup? Why is CPU-Z greying-out the core selections? Does S.T.A.L.K.E.R. only utilize one core? Please help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice