1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q8300 COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by subhabrata, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subhabrata

subhabrata Thread Starter

Hello, I have Intel core 2 quad Q8300 processor, XFX mother board N1996 ; Corsair RAM DDR 2 ;
    & XFX 9500 series graphics card ;
    Suddenly mother board malfunctioning; hence need to change it;
    but i don't want to change my processor & graphics card;
    Kindly suggest value for money product;

Or should i change the whole thing ; pls suggest

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Very few 775 boards out there unless you buy refurbished, if you go to a different board you will have to reload your operating system and all your programs also. The ASRock G41C is about the only new one being made, some referbs. https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&Description=lga 775 motherboard ddr2&page=1&bop=And&PageSize=36&order=BESTMATCH
    XFX wasn't a big maker, they were known for their video cards. On the N1996 number some MSI boards came up. Found out N1996 is not the model number.From MSI site "N1996, which is not a model number but a designation of conformity (ACA supplier code)" What is your XFS model number?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I'd definitely go with a new system. A long time ago I had a Core 2 Quad overclocked heavily and with an SSD, I thought it was fast. Then I got an i5 and the difference was considerable. Now it'd make little sense to put money in a 10 year platform. You could keep the graphics card though, but new systems use different processor sockets, 2 generations newer RAM, and much more.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice