1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel D102GGC2 form factor/mounting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by illizit, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illizit

illizit Thread Starter

could anyone help me confirm if the Intel D102GGC2 motherboard is a standard matx board (ie. mounting holes will be in same position) and/or the emachine/gateway chassis that came stock with this motherboard could fit another without modification?

will work on getting a pic outlining current holes if it will help but if anyone knows off the top of their head? :-/

only asking this since i JUST read that gateway and im guessing emachine too maybe might sometimes use a nonstandard or order custom boards

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

The Intel D102GGC2 board is a standard mATX board. Generally speaking, when a board is an OEM proprietary board the form factor is not changed, however the location of I/O connectors and various board connectors may be different from a standard board.

3. illizit

illizit Thread Starter

hm ok thanks for the info.. just started wondering since id hate to order a board then realize i will need a new case too

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice