1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel D865GBF Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amustanguy, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amustanguy

amustanguy Thread Starter

I just built a new system with the following motherboard. I can't seem to get the bios to enable the drives. It sees them but shows them in brackets and it says that if they are in brackets that they are disabled. I can't boot from A or D either as they are all in brackets.
    Any suggestions on settings? I can't seem to see anything to change that will cause the system to enable.

2. zeddy

zeddy

A bit more information about your system might be helpful.

3. amustanguy

My system is running winxp pro, 2.6 celeron, 512 ram. I have a 60 gig hard drive, floppy drive and cd rom drive. I've tried configuring with just the floppy and hard drive and it doesn't work either. The drive settings are correct (master, slave etc.). In bios it shows the drives in propper boot sequence and yet when it shows drives it shows them in parenthesis. Then at the side column it says if they are shown in parenthesis that they are disabled. I select the drive in the drive area -- (it shows the drive and disabled as selections) .. so it should be enabled. Could this be a bad board?

I'm pulling my hair out .... Please help!!

4. zeddy

zeddy

I assume its a SATA drive and that you have installed the mobo drivers?

5. amustanguy

I can't install drivers from a drive it doesn't enable.. That's exactly my problem and why I am assuming that it's a bios problem. Would that make sense to you?

6. SacsTC

SacsTC

In the bios, advanced section, drive configuration, make sure that enhanced is enabled. Under the boot menu, make sure you have the correct drives selected as boot devices. Not just the priority, but which device. It is selectable for which hard drive, which cd or cd-rw etc.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice