Helping a friend and I am stumped by an Intel D915GEV desktop motherboard with onboard video, Intel Boxed LGA775 P4 3ghz CPU and 2.5 mb ddr2 ram. System booted into Windows XP then shut down after running 5-10 min. Verified PS fan was not turning.
- Shutdown system and waited 1 hr before restarting.
- Verified it still started to boot into XP before I shut down and installed a new Antec 500w power supply.
- Motherboard LED Light comes on but no response when pushing power switch.
- Checked switch continuity and it is good.
- Removed Front panel PWR connector and carefully jumpered with flat blade screw driver. Still nothing except the green MB led is lit.
- Tried removing all ram and disconnecting everything except CPU power connector and main MB power connector to see if I would get a beep code. Still nothing except yellow Motherboard LED. First time I worked with an Intel Motherboard - always ASUS and am wondering what I am missing?
- Did the mother board fail due to the bad PS even though I was able to boot to windows before removing the bad PS? I really would appreciate your help.