Intel d915gux Motherboard Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gillhaj02

Hi everybody, I am having a problem setting up my intel d915gux motherboard it is powering up and giving 1 beep and nothing is showing on screen. I have then tried taking out the additional 4 pin power adapter on the motherboard and just leaving the the main 24(?) pin adapter plugged in, the system then powers on and still dosent display anything on screen but it dosent give the 1 beep this time. I know all the hardware (memory, gfx card, processor, fans etc) works because there all recycled partsd from my previous system the motherboard is the only thing that is new. can anybody suggest what might be the problem here please?

thank you

Jay

Triple6

Rob
You need to plug that power connector back in.

Can you post all the hardware you have in the computer? Make and model for all the parts?

Are you using the integrated video or a separate video card? Because the board has integrated video, try removing the video card and connecting the monitor to the integrated video.

dustyjay

Jay
The system will not boot without the 4 pin 12V ATX connector plugged in, this is why it didn't beep after you removed it. DO you have a Graphics card that requires a power plug besides being plugged into the motherboard?

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following it custom or home built, Mother Board Manufacturer and Exact Model Number including Revision Number, Processor, Ram, Video Card Manufacturer Exact Model number, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

gillhaj02

thanks for the quick responses guys :) ok so here are my specs

intel pentium 4 3GHz processor (i think)
corsair 1gb pc 6400 800mhz ram
intel d915gux motherboard
inno 3d 8600gt gfx card
500gb HDD

I have also uploaded some pictures just in case they help

as you can see there is no vga port on the back of the motherboard. also i noticed the the other power connector next to the pin one does this need to be plugged in aswell?

Triple6

Rob
The information I see on the D915GUX indicate it has the GMA 900 graphics integrated. Is there another number on the mainboard?

Do not plug in the 2nd wide 4 pin power cable if you are using a 24 pin power supply, its to be used if you are only using a 20 pin power supply which from the picture it appears you have a 24 pin power supply.

Intel link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915gux/

800Mhz memory is not officially supported but I don't think thats issue since you get one beep and not multiple beeps. It seems like a video issue, make sure the card is seated correctly and that the card does in fact still work and so does the monitor.

It's important to know EXACTLY which processor you have installed. Either the processor number or the sSpec number.

gillhaj02

@ triple 6: yes heres the model numbers on the board D915GUX/D915PCM/D915GHA

@win2kpro: here is what is printed on the processor:

@dustjay: no my gfx card does not require a extra power plug from the PSU, I have tried reseating the card and its still doing the same thing :(

intel 04
pentium 4
SL7Z4 china
3.73GHz/2m/1066/04B
5503B779

Hope this helps abit thanks guys :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online