1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JanicePh, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

Issue: Powered up system and just before loading OS it shuts down as if power is cut.
    Power up again and system cuts off in 15 seconds.
    Power up again and shuts off in 5 seconds.
    Replaced power supply. Sounds like it may be an over heating condition.
    Processor or mother board may be the problem but now how can we diagnose?

System was built with Frys components. www.frys.com/template/ecomponents

1. ASUS mother board
    2. Windows 10
    3. Intel or AMD Processor

Please advise. Thank you.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Your link simply goes to the general site for Frys
    So in essence it tells me absolutely nothing about your computer
    I do not know which motherboard
    Or indeed which processor and you appear not even to know if it is AMD or Intel

With respect you having been a member since 2010 and with some 137 posts, I would have thought you may know that we require more detail to assist

When was the system built and was it built by you or bought ready assembled.

If it is a new build and this has always occurred since the build then the approach is very different than it would be if this has suddenly occurred on an existing build, that has previously run OK

Please clarify all these details

3. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

Please save the respect.

I came here inquiring about this issue with hopes that my 137 posts previous would NOT be a personal attack or factor.
    I spoke very highly of this message board as maybe you should check the many times that I have returned to my boss who was very much interested in this board because of my kudos. I only passed along his request in hopes it would be received with kindness and professionalism.

Yes, I personally know the guide lines for my own personal issues. My hope is that I have followed them here. I'm very sorry that we have put you out. I really think this is my last post bringing it to what? 138? or is it this 137? Please tell me since you are keeping track and in the mean time lack finesse.

Hasta la vista!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am sorry you feel as though my reply was some manner of personal attack
    I can assure you it was not, you simply have not provided any meaningful details of your computer
    OR indeed the circumstances behind the problem, as I explained.

If you feel that my reply was as - out of order- as you appear to do so, then may I suggest that you click the report button on my reply and seek the opinion of a Administrator or Moderator of the site.

If however you decide you wish to continue, with my assistance, which I am more than prepared to offer, then please still provide the details I have requested

5. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

We are good. No worries. I've moved on. :)

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Question: Is this your PC problem of for somebody else?

Download this and post back the information on the system in question. This will give me a basic overview of what the hardware is.
    http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

7. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Also, you can download HWiNFO64 and CPU-z for a more descriptive overview of said hardware.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice