1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Display and REltek High Def Audio not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sportsmom2x2, Nov 3, 2019.

1. sportsmom2x2

sportsmom2x2 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8050 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 212 GB (32 GB Free); D: 24 GB (16 GB Free); E: 931 GB (759 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO, LNVNB161216
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Hi today my audio quit working. I haven't had trouble before. The error messages say Intel Display Audio has a driver problem. Realteck high Definition Audio has a driver program. I went into my device manager and saw that All listed under the sound, video and game controllers have a warning sign. Intel Display says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Each has the same warning message. Streaming Clock Proxy, Quality Manager Proxy, Streaming Tee/Sink to Sink Converter, This one is listed twice. Microsft Trusted Audio Drivers and Realteck high definition Audio.

I tried looking online for fixes. I have tried to update the driver, says that the best driver for the device is already installed. I uninstalled and restarted the computer to let the computer reinstall. Nothing has helped.

Help, please. THanks

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    There's a couple of things you can try.
    The easiest would be to restore back to a previous spot, if restore is enabled. Obviously the restore should be done to a time when it was all working.

Second: Go to Control Panel and "Programs and Features"

De-install everything related to the Video and HD Sound. Then launch Device manager and right-click on the affected devices. Choose Uninstall and answer "yes" if asked to remove the drivers.

If you can then download all the drivers for sound and Video as well as the Chipset before removing those devices.
    After a reboot you should be able to install the correct drivers.

HERE you'll find the latest Win10 drivers for the Graphics 630. Note that this is from INTEL's site. Since your machine seems to be a Lenovo Laptop you should search their support site first for th appropriate drivers. You can search based on Serial Number or Model Number.

Click HERE for Lenovo's US support site

EDIT: I always find it useful to write down the exact names of the devices to be removed. If they appear. Often there'll be several different types/manufacturers of devices.

If you want to post the S/N, we can look up the correct drivers. (Obviously posting the S/N in a public forum is something you need to consider carefully, before doing so.)

Or, if you want to post the modem number we can get an idea of what options you have.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice