1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

intel fan controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slipaway172, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Slipaway172

Slipaway172 Thread Starter

i use speed fan right now. But with a overclocked pentium D i need more control. Also i have yet to find a good program that offers automatic fan control that works. Does a fan controller for a intel HS exist?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I can't say, what have you tried?

3. Slipaway172

first i have turned off the intel fan regulation and it is too loud to sleep with. then i turned on the feature. and my cpu idles at 50c. i can use speed fan but the automatic feature does not work. im looking for a fan controller that had the connector that intel uses.

4. JohnWill

I think I'd fix the fact that the processor idles at 50C, because that's not normal!:eek:

5. Slipaway172

it depends on what time of day it is.... but i have ran prime95 and never had a BSOD or a problem with heat.

6. JohnWill

Well, any time of day that your idling at 50C is a bad time IMO. My AMD X2 dual-core processor gets up to 50C under sustained full load with the stock AMD HS/fan, I'd be pretty unhappy if it idled there.

7. Slipaway172

did you read my signature? my cores OUT OF BOX run at 2.66ghz and now i have them overclocked to 3.3ghz. it is a new beast.

8. Slipaway172

wait. my moms computer before i rma'ed the cpu ran at 77c on idle. Yes i did reapply artic silver and i do know how to install a heatsink. i cleaned it checked the rpm. I HAD TO REINSTALL XP 17 TIMES IN 2 YEARS. that is due to the cpu being defected, it would bsod ofter and just crash. The heatsink looked like somebody attacked it with a screw driver due to ALOT of metal missing. they called me and also asked how in the hell did this even work for you. and now they upgraded the cpu and now it idles at 35c.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice