1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel GMA X3100 and ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ramlochun, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ramlochun

Ramlochun Thread Starter

I'm looking for a new laptop, mostly for gaming. The biggest game i intend to play is Battlefield 1942.

Is any of these cards good enough to run BF smooth and without i need to run it in lowest resolution?

Intel GMA X3100
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

2. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

I had quite a bit of trouble finding benchmarks for those cards. But, judging by what I've seen, you might be able to run BF1942 on lowest resolution smoothly (with the ATI Radeon Xpress 1250). To be honest, I do not know. I would suggest spending another $50-$75 and get a bit better laptop if you plan on gaming. What kind of a budget are you on?

3. Ramlochun

Ramlochun Thread Starter

Also, is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M worth anything?

4. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

Whew, you really are giving me some obscure cards here.

I couldn't find any real good benchmarks. I did look at other people's 3DMark06 scores of the 6150M, and they don't look too good. I would say that the Xpress 1250 from ATI would be similar to the 7150M from nVidia. Any way you cut it, neither of these cards were built for gaming.

I'm sorry, I really wish I could give you a real honest answer, but I just can't. I couldn't even find benchmarks for the GeForce 8400M (The other card that I found in laptops at your price range).

I suppose at lowest possible settings in BF1942, you could get a livable framerate, but I don't know.

5. Ramlochun

Ramlochun Thread Starter

Thanks for your help.(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice