Intel Graphics Driver shrinks image

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GregWeires

I got a message after a long start up that my computer recovered from a serious error. I then got a message from microsoft to upgrade an intel graphics driver to resolve this problem. After my first restart, the screen image shrank. About one third of my total screen area is black border. How do I fix this?

Under display settings, set the resolution higher (to the recommended resolution for your screen, proabably 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 or similar, its likely defaulted to 800 x 600)

And I would seriously advise never to use a video driver (or any driver) that is suggested by Microsoft update, you should get the correct one from the maker of your video card or the maker of any other device that may need updating.

GregWeires

Nope, this didn't work. I tried this before, but I didn't remember the results until I redid the task now. I can only change to 1024X768. I do not have the option of 1280x1024. The image is more compact, but still does not fill my screen. I know that I can restore my previous settings, but I would prefer to work with the new driver if it keeps my computer error free. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You need to get the correct driver from the website of the computer maker (or video card maker if its a built-up unit).

The one you got from Microsoft is "generic" in nature, you need the specific one that relates to your exact hardware. I can only repeat that it is unwise to load device drivers from Microsoft update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!