Intel HD 5500 memory located

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zhkaddour

Hello,
I have a lenovo G50 PC and I'm running Windows 10. I've got 8gb RAMs and an Intel HD 5500 graphics card with only 128mb located for it. Is there any way to locate more memory for the card? (I'm trying to run Assassin's Creed Syndicate on it and it's lagging because I barely have the 8th of the graphics card memory required)
Thanks in advance! :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Do the following in that Lenovo G50 laptop so we have more information about its hardware.
Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your laptop will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

That laptop's integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500 device appears to have 1 GB of dedicated video memory.
That laptop appears to support a maximum of 16 GB(8 GB X 2) of DDR3 RAM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

zhkaddour

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8107 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 445 GB (371 GB Free); D: 24 GB (22 GB Free); G: 219 GB (188 GB Free); H: 218 GB (65 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO, Lenovo G50-80
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Lenovo G50-80 Laptop
It originally comes with Windows 8.1 64-bit, but it also supports Windows 10 64-bit.

According to your TSGSIU log, its Intel HD Graphics 5500 device shows it having 1 GB of video memory.
I seriously doubt that you can adjust or change that amount in the BIOS.

--------------------------------------------------------------

zhkaddour

But here what it's showing me here :/ And the game is showing me same.
I already checked in the BIOS, I can't change anything.

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
One thing I noticed when I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is that Windows 10 reduces the amount of dedicated memory.
You went from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, so I don't know if the same thing happened with you.

If you go into the Intel HD graphics control panel, there should be a setting to where you can change it to maximum performance.
I don't know if that'll help or not with your gaming.

zhkaddour

One thing I noticed when I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is that Windows 10 reduces the amount of dedicated memory.
You went from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, so I don't know if the same thing happened with you.

If you go into the Intel HD graphics control panel, there should be a setting to where you can change it to maximum performance.
I don't know if that'll help or not with your gaming.

I already did but it changed nothing :(

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Intel HD Graphics 5500 integrated graphic device
Capture.JPG
in your laptop likely doesn't have the "horsepower" you need for all your games, and I'm not aware of any procedure to make it better.
That's one of the down-sides of buying a laptop for gaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
128MB is the default hardware allocated memory, the rest is dynamically allocated by the driver as the system needs it, so you have 1GB allocated when needed, plus Windows adds some more shared memory that becomes available as well.

The real problem you have is that the HD 5500 is not designed for gaming, it does not come even closed to meeting the minimum requirements for Assisins Creed: Syndicate. Please see the requirements for that game here: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-assassins-creed-syndicate-system-requirements-are-here/
As for the solution, either turn all the graphics settings down the to most basic/lowest quality in the game or buy a new gaming laptop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online